Thursday 2 April 2020

Relics. Vaetttir 1



The Vaettir are another unique faction within Relics that really appealed to me but I think overthought the paint scheme and ended up not starting the at all!
With extra painting time I have moved them onto my paint list and started with some of the Clyod.
As they are ice Elementals I wanted to go for a black ice theme and have them a little darker.
For the iced bases i used GW Valhallan Blizzard and for the shards Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint.
I laid down a thick layer of the crackle paint and left to dry. This produced a thick semi clear material I could break into shards.



i used more of the shards to to make some ice markers


the next batch are the Brocken and Vstonin which are both earth elementals


As the Brocken are resin there were quite a lot of very smooth areas which i added texture to with super glue and Baking Soda


Finished Brocken. Foliage added to the back and other areas adds to their earth connection.
With the different Vaettir having vey different forms and colours having purple elements in each one will help to tie the faction together 





Brocken hurling a stone


Next are the Vsonin. I didn't want to just copy the bases like with the Brocken so went with a flint look. The figures are the same sculpt, so to add some variety I removed the lower hand and reattached the sword handle to make it one handed and use the arm to support the shield (made form a sliver of bark). The heads were also filed to make them different and then Baking Soda added to make the texture for the lichen on them. The obsidian blades have a purple tint which will tie in with faction scheme.



Vaettir faction so far, The Unseelie Court




No comments:

Post a Comment