Friday 27 March 2020

Relics. Mercenaries. P1


As part of my wider review of my Relics collection (and painting drive this year) I found several mercenaries which I had picked up as part of some job lots.
The Mercenaries are a sub faction of independent characters that can be used as allies by all the races (with a couple of exceptions) 
I had previously painted the Ridend Banished Knight and Britanan St Nik and as a little break from painting Kopalops I took on Maverick Mike and his boys.




For colours scheme inspiration I drew from the American war of Independence, the Continental Army and Milita with the Mel Gibson Film The Patriot playing in the background ( Lt. Colonel Tavington's cavalry will certain appear as a Britanan Dragoon unit at some point!)


For the Maverick Boys, I wanted to move away from the ordered Britanan Red Line and give them a rough and worn civilian look. Really pleased with how they have come out and will certainly try and get some more. You can run up to two units with Mike and it might be an interesting little side project to make up a little rebel faction with head swaps on the dragoons to make some Rough Riders etc
A breakaway outpost established on the mainland forming a Continental faction...





Maverick Mike was a former Sergeant Major but I wanted to keep him away from the traditional red  and settled on blue inspired again by the Continental army 







Maverick Mike and his Militia Boys


St Nik




Banished Knight








Back to Kopalops and putting together the last of the Mercenaries, the Alt sculpt Banished Knight and seated Chronicler








No comments:

Post a Comment