Sunday 10 May 2020

Prehistoric. Terrain 1

As with all my games, it does not take me long to start itching for some terrain, and this project will be no different. because I am looking at a European, early Ice Age I can reuse some of the terrain I have already put together for mt Erin and Dark Age projects. More foliage will always be useful and I have had some wooded sections on my lists for some time.

I started with an obligatory cave, had some spare bark chippings, and a hot glue gun so quickly put together a little outcrop.

Cardboard framework and front roof, I want to be able to use the inside as well and can always use it to represent the entrance to a larger cave system off-board



Sides and front built up with bark chippings 




gaps and extra texture added with All-purpose filler




Extra texture added to the base and structure with sand and gravel


Initial dark grey coats before layers of dry brushing and washes


An extra section was made up for the roof. not a complete fit but enough for when not in use




Completed Cave with the other bark terrain pieces 


Top view. 
After the painting foliage was added, flock and Static Grass, tufts and my own mix of ground debris which is made up from birch seeds, garden debris, tea leaves and several types of dried herbs





Inside the cave 



Cave paintings. Bull hunt and stylized sun.

(Not sure about these and may go back and redo at some point.)



No comments:

Post a Comment