Monday 20 December 2021

Fire Hawks. Old World Army Challenge begining


2021 has been a odd year for my hobby, and although I have managed to complete some long overdue pieces It has not felt a particularly productive or focused one. Lots of project have moved a step forward and other new projects have appeared despite my best efforts, though the addition of a 3D Printer to my room has to take part of the blame!

I have high hope for 2022 (without wanting to tempt fate) and hope my inclusion in the next Old World Army Challenge wil help that.

 The Old World Army Challenge to quote its founder and Overlord is :


The Goal? An Oldhammer army

The Challenge? 6 months to achieve it

The Old World Challenge was set-up by Iannick Martin as an initiative to motivate fellow Oldhammer painters and gamers to create an Oldhammer army in 6 months. Every month for 6 months, the Challengers have to submit a number of Oldhammer figures, using their favourite army lists. It is not a competition, as there are no winners, but rather we encourage one another to reach our goal.

We are 40ish challengers, from Japan to Canada, and most factions of Warhammer and Rogue Trader are represented, from Dwarfs to Elves, from Space Marines to Orks, from Goblins to the Empire.


With an invitation to join the competition in 2022, though preparation can start this year,  I had a host of Army's to pick from and initially narrowed it down to:


1. Slann - Expansion of my Slann Army with Cavalry, additional Bull and Elite Slann units and the second Slave Unit. A possible future entry

2. BB@OD - use it to help focus on my ongoing Bloodbath at Orcs Drift Project to complete the Orc contingent. Felt like I would be cheating and decided to make sure I add more to this next year and also giving myself a new challenge.

3. Imperial Guard - Rogue Trader Imperial Guard. Unfortunately on a quick survey I have not yet got enough to field a full force so this one will continue to slow burn and grow for now.

4. Space Marines. - I had attempted to start this one before as Dusk Raiders but lost steam but have recently been going though the Rogue Trader rulebook and also reading up on the Badab War...




In the end I settled on the Emperors finest, which was also spurred on by a recent acquisition of some RTB01 marines.

The full breakdown of my planned force is on the Old World Army Blog.


Starting in January I will post my progress here and a link to the a main article there.


1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to see that Land-Spice-Raider painted 😊
    Always wanted to build similar cutie.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete