Saturday 13 March 2021

Epic. Forgeworld Metalica 5

 




As part of the switch over to Legio Metalica I have also repainted my Epic knights.
These were from the original Titan Legions box.
I have a soft spot for Knights and remember having a group of the first edition knights and playing them with my brother at the local GW store against much older players fielding titans. They were initially quite dismissive but once we had taken down a couple with group attacks they earned their respect. The look on their faces still gives me a smile!
As much as i like the new Knight designs I do wish they would redo/resize some of the originals

To support Legio Metalica I have gone for their  main support, House Raven.
This also takes the decision making out of what to paint my 40k Knight as well.
(I bought a 40k Knight when they came out and it still lies in bits and I was torn between using it to make an Imperator to support a planned Ad Mech force!)



The knights were painted part of House Col'Khak


Original Livery and new House Raven.

The small shields are all hand made from plasticard and help to 'modernise' the figures as well as adding another surface to decorate. The House Raven logos are freehand like the chevrons. I have ordered some  Tamiya masking tape ready for the Warhounds and Warlords 
I also plan on adding some Kill Banners as well at some point)



Missile pods are from Vanguard Miniatures, part of their Skitter Tanks sets 


Two more Knights to repaint and a Warhound Titan to complete, my table with then be free to start on my AT box and a Warlord Titan!





No comments:

Post a Comment