Friday 5 July 2019

Erin. Formorians

'A Fomori is a creature of the cold waters...'

The Fomori Shaman is one of those figures I have owned for an age, 20+ year it has moved from various store boxes and on and off my table but never got past an undercoat. It is a fantastic figure and one of my favourite sculpts but i could never find a paint scheme for it so it remained unused.
Recently I have had a surge in interest into Celtic Britain. I have started rereading Slaine Graphic novels and have started Bernard Cornwalls 'The Winter King' 
On the crest of this inspiration I finally found the Formorian and spent a furious evening and early morning working on him.
For colours I wanted quite a soft earthy tones, his robes at odds with the rest of his appearance and drew on the palettes of Brian Froud, Stephen Reid and Alan Lee

Brian Froud

Alan Lee - Old Satyr

Stephen Reid - Finn Mccool Comes to Aid the Fianna







With the Shaman completed I have started work on some Half Dead...



No comments:

Post a Comment