Thursday 25 October 2018

Epic. Imperial City

As a terrain junkie the new Adeptus Titanicus comes with an extra treat of new terrain! I still had several buildings from the earlier editions, printed Card with plastic roofs but the new buildings come  with almost unlimited potential and customisation. while waiting for the arrival of my Adeptus Titanicus box I made a start with what I had and raided the my bits box (and eBay).

First was repurposing some 40K corner ruins and turn them into the corners of a couple of burnt out warehouses, Imperial architecture tends to be very monumental so the sizing was fairly easy, with extra floors added in to give it scale.


Foamboard base


Titans have just walked through them!

My planned city also included some highways courtesy of some matchbox roads




test set up with completed warehouses and original Epic buildings.
The tank and plane are 8mm 




Rubble added to the roads and concrete damage made with cork.

Competed Epic buildings with new paintwork on the roof


I split the terrain kit into base buildings which is mounted on plasticard and some separate buildings which I can add as needed. i also constructed a spire as well.


Ruined building made up from remaining bits, eventually plan to get another terrain set just to make up into ruins.




Ruin assembled in the correct size so I can still add the separate buildings if I want

The first of the buildings assembled as per the instructions to get an idea of assembly





base building with added sections



The largest building is the base for the Church of the Emperor






Assembled Church with all loose sections



Building and bases match up to the completed matchbox road sections

Painting - 
For the painting I wanted a quite minimal but unified look to keep the focus on the Titans and use the detail rule that the terrain should be painted as if it far away and not add too much. 

The roads and building bases had gravel added with PVA and then sealed once dry with 70/30 PVA water. The base coat is B&Q Colours Asphalt Matt Emulsion ( 2.5l for 12) and then covered in Nuln oil. I then add a heavy drybrush of the emission again and successive dry brushes of lighter greys (administratum Grey and then Dawn stone). For the roof sections I brushed the centre of each panel rather than the whole roof to give a more weathered effect. For the rubble I then wash with Agrax Earthshade twice and dry brush with karak Stone. Random patches were stained with Nuln, Agrax and Reikland fleshade

Metal was painted in Iron Breaker with washes of Nuln and Agrax for rust. The gold was Balthazar Gold with Seraphim Sepia and then Agrax Earthshade washes and Balthazar detail.
The fully rusted details were made with typhus Corrosion and a Ryza Rust dry brush 

There are some posters scattered on some pieces and I plan on adding some more and a couple of billboards. Theses have be sourced from Necromunda posters and resized.

COLOURS ASPHALT MATT EMULSION 







Some shots of all the completed terrain so far, next on the list will be some ruined buildings, some statues/monuments, Space Port, Airship base/masts and hangers and then onto some defences - Walls, trenches and weapon emplacements etc. It also needs a matching base and I am as yet undecided on a battlemat or MDF boards painted up.


Some shots from games at my local club, running my Bad Moons as proxy knights and warhound Titan

















4 comments:

  1. I'm only just starting terrain for epic so this is pretty valuable for me. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I have updated and added the painting guide which i had missed out. Hope its some help and look forward seeing what you come up with

      Delete
    2. It's a mid term project but i'm heading a similar way. ^^ Thanks !

      Delete