Friday 17 August 2018

Epic. Slasha and more!


I have taken advantage of being on summer break and have been able to spend some solid time in my study building and painting with either Black Library Horus Heresy (currently on Legion) or Doctor Who Big Finish (Just finished Cyberman 2) to keep me company

Following on from the first Stompa I Have finished off another two to complete the mob 





The feet of the right Stompa are on 'looted' 3mm WW2 tiger tanks






Next is the Slasha. one of my favourite gargant models, It has been converted using the back tower from a Mega-gargant and a ripper arm from Kromlech. I have also added some extra exhausts, Shoulder plates, teeth round the head, tiling and plates to help it fit in with the other models




Completed Gargant in Bad Moon Colours




Freehand Death Skulls plate as I plan on having some of them in the force.


Gargant Mob so far


In between Gargants I painted up my supply of old Ork Dreadnoughts.
(The rear ones were already painted on pennies so have been painted over) 


Ork Boyz painted up, for these i used a similar skin recipe to my Bloodbath Orks (Vallejo Khaki, GW came shade wash and then Druchii violet on the face) which gives a darker look but a nice contrast to the Bad Moon yellow and reds


Top view showing some variation ( after all they are Orks!) just the four Nob stands to go

Looking to boost my forces I have ordered some of the 6mm Skinnerz from Vanguard Miniatures and the leaders pack included a fantastic Ork (skinner) in mega armour which i have painted up as my Warlord  


The banner has the glyphs for Manik, Gargant and Moon as well as the warlords own personal glyph, a red crossed spot





The forces of Warlord Mad Eye Moongarr

Next on the paint list is the four stands of Nobs and at least one more battlewagon to complete the unit. I then might go back and finish off the converted Mega Gargant I was going to abandon, because  you can never have too many Gargants!










No comments:

Post a Comment