Sunday 26 January 2020

Bloodbath.The Engineers of Osrim Chardz. P2


Continuing with my BloodBath challenge I have finished off Osrim Chardz

I was a bit daunted to paint him initially as he is one of my rarest/most expensive figures and one of the principle characters in the scenario.
Based on Lieutenant John Chards the Royal Engineer who commanded the Defence of Rorkes Drift, the figure graces the box cover and is a highly detailed sculpt.
As with all my characters, I have raised him up a bit and decided on sticking with his cover paint scheme. Purely by chance (or subliminally with the box art on my painting table) the blue i had chosen for the other dwarf units as the League colours (GW Thunderhawk Blue) works perfectly for his cloak and ties him in with the rest of the units.
The sculpt itself matches up with the Gary Chalk artwork (but reversed when used on the box)





Red jacket and white belt and pouch are a nice nod to the British Redcoat uniform





Osrim and his Engineers.
Only the standard left to go and another Command sheet completed!



1 comment: