Saturday 19 October 2019

Carcosa District. The Mausoleum Part 1

With the majority of Carcosa District built ( other than... and some scatter terrain) I have decided to break up the project and start with the scenarios, completing the buildings and components and then figures for each one. This will mean I can see some real progress and start playing quicker (now adding war band to the list!). First off is the Mausoleum




initial construction. cardboard with BBQ skewers to reinforce the pagoda walls and half a foam ball for the dome. plasticard base



Completed Building. I wanted to give this one quite an aged and bruised look as if time had taken its toll on the building itself


The Base paints are  B&Q Wallpaint Matt Soft Yellow, Goodhome range Westminster and Aravaca, GW Agrax Earthshade, Reikland Fleshshade and Nuln Oil



Detail of the texture of the walls and base.
I might go back and remake this one and add a removable top at some point

For the city base I wanted something quite plain so to maximise flexibility and allow the for the buildings and scatter terrain to lie flat. 
Following an idea from one of the terrain groups on facebook, I managed to get hold of some textured wallpaper (Pietra Textured Heavyweight Italian Vinyl from the Range)  


I have cut out a couple of squares and added baking soda to adds some extra detail and variety.


First four tiles ( they are 25cm by 25cm) and the Mausoleum and a skeleton warrior to show scale


Completed tile.


Mausoleum and tile

While waiting for paint to dry I also revisited the treasure tokens I had made up and repainted them to match up with the new colour scheme


Unpainted treasure tokens, rolled up paper for scrolls and some pieces from my bits box


Initial paint job awaiting snow


Repainted bases and the tokens darkened up






2 comments:

  1. Where did you get that wallpaper? I can't find in the USA. Your in Europe, aren't you? You suddenly feel the urge to buy rolls of this wallpaper and fly to the US with it, don't you....
    For every day you don't do this, I will make you age a full day and move closer to your DOOM!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete