Sunday 26 May 2019

AA.Iron Guard Bolt Thrower.P1

The Iron guard are one of my little passion projects and Alternative Armies have recently announced the imminent release of a Cannon and Crew. This has prompted me to revise my painting list and pushed up my Bolt Thrower to the top. I also have a chariot but I am looking at an alternative to the horses to make it a big more Goblin'y



The sculpts match up with the foot troops and I have based them on 20mm square. The spotter has has had a minor conversion and I have added a telescope made from bits. i have also added cable to the Bolt thrower  

i wanted to do something a bit different withe team and not just have them on the ground so in keeping with the 'Armoured' theme I envisioned the bolt thrower on top of a small siege tower.


Initial mock up with crew and trooper using Foamcard. 
I wanted it deliberately 'small' and not meant for scaling walls. I had originally thought of having lower bolt thrower but decided on a simpler tower design



The wheels are made out of foamcard 


Finished wheels wrapped in card which will be Iron trim. 
The frame has been given wooden decks and edges


The body will be covered in iron tiles made from card


Tiling finished and wheels added


ladder added to the back


Completed tower


I plan on picking up Stone Maw the Troll who will push the tower into position.

paint to add now...






























No comments:

Post a Comment