Tuesday 27 October 2015

From the North!!

I have been a little quiet of late, but only online so have a bit to catch up regarding numerous projects and a couple of new ones
Between the various GW forces I have also made a break into the world of Gripping Beast and their Dark Age system.
I recently started watching the History channel series Viking which has rekindled my interested in 'Dark Age' history.


Gripping Beast produces a skirmish system for a range of 8-9th century races from the Vikings to Normans and Saxons. They also produce their own figures, both metal and plastic at a very reasonable cost, £33 can get you a full starter warband of 25 figures while the plastic unit boxes which go for around £20 will give you enough for 44 figures!
I had toyed with the idea of going for 15mm figures but sticking with 28mm I will be able to use my existing terrain and also reuse any I make for these figures, I already have an idea for some pieces and a village...
For my first purchase I have gone for the Gripping Beast Hirdmen box, watch this space for more when it arrives
 




No comments:

Post a Comment