Saturday 24 June 2017

Slann. Jaguar Warriors 1


One of my favourite figures from the range are the Totem warriors, the elite regiments of the Slann. Though I have seen them described as frogs in Onesies, they are based on Aztec elite units who wore quilted suits styled as various totem animals 


I have one of each of the Totem warriors sculpted, Jaguar, Eagle and Crocodile but with the current OOP prices and rarity,  being able to field whole units of them is highly unlikely. To find a way around this i tried out casting my own using Instamold and Green Stuff. 


After a couple of false starts I was able to produce one with acceptable detail, though their was a fair amount of flash to clean up with a knife and file. Quite a lot of time later, the figure was ready for basing and painting, thought in the end I decided to cut off the mace and replace it.


The finished Jaguar warrior with replaced sword and Shield. ( I think from The Assault Group range)





Really happy how the figure looked in the end, casting and prepping the figure is certainly tine consuming but worth it and gives me an option of using the Jaguars as a basis for Heroes and also an elite unit.
So far attempts with the Eagle and Crocodile warrior have not been as successful due to the more detailed sculpts.








No comments:

Post a Comment