Sunday 3 September 2017

Relics. Orcnar 2

Amid starting off multiple projects in a BOYL high news came out that several miniature companies have closed. First was Spartan Games who made Dystopian Wars which I briefly looked at collecting when I restarted wargaming. Dystopian Wars was like pic Scale meets steampunk, initially a sea based fleet conflict but it expanded into land and then 32mm skirmish. It had a well written background and a increasing number of models and factions to pick from but I could never find anyone to play against and fell back into my first love of Warhammer!
The announcement was not long followed by that of Tor Gaming who made the fantasy Stitchpunk game Relics.
Looking back over my blog, the last post I made on Relics was back in January of last year, and I had put the game on hold as I was taken up by other projects but it was one I had always intended to come back to and despite several purges of games and projects it always survived.
With the closure I have gone over my collection, each of the Factions had appealed to me and I have gathered some from from each (partly to support a future application as a Ranger and promote the game!) and been enthused again!
Relics has some great originality and a diverse range of factions supported by some quality miniatures, hopefully the line will be picked up by another company or at least survive with a fanbase in some form and I will certainly do what I can to support it, anything with twisted faere, dwarfs in painsuits, noble goblins, stone gorillas, Cthulhu inspired tentacle raiders and eh massed ranks of redcoated puppets deserves to live on!

For my own collection I have added some more key figures from stores while i still can, stock is disappearing fast, and have added the Orcnar back on to my painting table to finish them first!

The Unmann with their custom stone bracelets and red warpaint



The Niwain with custom stone bracelets, staff and warpaint





Next on my list will be the rest of the Orcnar while i wait for more cork and supplies to start on the Britanan and also plans for some Orcnar mud huts, which I can also double up for my Slann army as Slave huts.








No comments:

Post a Comment