Saturday 23 September 2017

Norse Terrain.P2

After posting my last piece I realised I had not posted up on the Terrain pieces which I had started and finished a while ago.
Originally designed to be used for a Saga war band, I have ended up putting that project on hold (so many projects!) but is generic enough to be used for other tables. The finished set comprises of a two stone carved piece, several smaller standing stones( I had started with a couple and then kept going! ) and a stone well
I had also created a a casualty piece with a soldier who had been killed and given the Blood eagle, this where the victims back is opened up and the ribs pulled back and the lungs drawn out and draped over the shoulders to form bloody wings.



Yggdrasil World Tree carving



Stylised Norse Raven





Norman soldiers form up around the well and ruins.
Figures old citadel, now available from Wargames Foundry





The torn back was made using GS and small slivers of wood for the ribs










No comments:

Post a Comment