Tuesday 20 August 2024

Blender.1. Start

I have had a 3D printer for some time now (Elegoo Mars Pro) and found it to be a fantastic hobby tool and over time expanded my skills and have been making  some very basic digital conversions using Chitubox and FlashDLPrint

I have now downloaded Blender ( 3.4 for Mac as that is the limit for my system) with the intention of learning to make my own digital sculpts at some point!

I have no previous experience with similar programs and started with some online tutorials, luckily there are a lot of resources available.

One of the most recommended has been Blender Guru and his Doughnut series which seems to be a very rite of passage for many, I had made a start but found myself stuck and frustrated so have switched to the tutorials by Grant Abbitt on Youtube which I have found really engaging, though I plan to come back to Blender Guru at some point and try again! 

I have just completed his course 'Learn Blender 3 for Complete Beginners' 

Grant Abbitt


My very first creation, the 'Old Man'  following the course


Second Creation by the end of the Course. 
This is based on the 'Monster' from the course but I have added more which has given me extra practice in the tools, shortcuts and navigating round the program.

All very basic but first steps and hopefully the start of a long path and at the end of it ii will be able to start creating somethings actually printworthy!   






No comments:

Post a Comment