Saturday 14 January 2023

Zenith. 1. Tri-Man and Oakman


 

If i was to list my top five Comics/Graphic novels Zenith would be there. Originally the story was serialised in the pages of 200o before being realised as collections and to me stands up next to Watchmen and the Sandman.

The link below leads to a fantastic resource for the story and the huge number of Superheroes that appear (abet some very briefly) as well a summation, needless to say it is a story that I have read countless times and I hope to bring as many of the characters as I can to (28mm) life

Internationalhero

The Zenith story introduced not only its own original super team, Cloud Nine, and various descendants but also drew from a host of other older UK comics Heroes and a Cthulhuesque threat in the Lloigor. 

I first started thinking about this in 2019 but it wasn't until 2021 that I actually started moving forward and completed my first Superhero in the shape of Tri-Man


Internationalhero - Triman



Original Tri-Man comic


Tri-Man appearance in Zenith and original

I wanted to try out one of the online miniature sites as well as a test for filling the future ranks and used Eldritch Foundry to create the figure and my Elegoo Mars 3D printer to build.










This year I am determined to make a better start of the Project and completed Oakman who is  a metal sculpt under the name of Timbre from Attica Games


Oakman in Zenith 

Oakman as part of the Amazing Three from Jackpot Comic


















No comments:

Post a Comment