Sunday 29 January 2023

ASOIAF. House Greyjoy 1. Reavers

 


Approaching the figures I drew from the series and wanted to go for a more realistic weathered look but not full Grimdark. Looking at the series, the Greyjoys often appear far more blue than they actually are due to filters on screen


   



 



For the movement tray, I have seen some stunning versions with them made up as shore lines or waves but I decided to go for a more neutral look, one that would still work with the theme and colour scheme but wouldn't look jarringly out of place on a range of tables. I settled on a variation of my grey theme with a high shore/cliff top/stone harbour look with some sand and seaweed details.



gravel and bark chipping to add some texture



Even though there is a nice number of variations, I wanted to change it a bit more so swapped and repositioned some of the arms



First test Reaver.

I have extended the base all the way down rather than the usual black band so it blends in better when in the tray









First Greyjoy reavers completed

















No comments:

Post a Comment