Tuesday 22 December 2020

Bloodbath. Terrain P5. The Stone Bridge, River and Forest

 


Next on my build list, as a quick addition before the end of the year, is the stone bridge. Adding this one would also push me to paint up a set of resin river sections that has been in a box for about five years!


Initially I was undecided about making the bridge as a separate piece to lay over a river section or add a river under it. I settled on the later as the river sections are quite wide compared to the original card design and didn't want to alter it too much.
The final build made with Plasticard, stirrers and glue for the banks





Laid out with two sections of the river and a section of road.


River effect was made with Tamiya Black Green on black undercoat with a gloss varnish


Completed Bridge
( although I may go back and add some more weathering )




Completed bridge and river sections

To go with my slowly growing village, as well as other games like my Prehistoric Project, I have been slowly acquiring and building trees



Ebay lot on wooden discs left over from MDF paint holder and washers


Flexible filler to build up the base and sculpt a trunk


finished first set of trees


Some bushes using Hanging basket liner and flock


Some trees using branches, hanging basket liner and flock



A quick mock up ( hence teh bad lighting etc) using terrain 




Dwarf Patrol stumbles on an Orc scouting party and defends the bridge to allow the villages to flee and alert the main army










Next on my build list are the tents, board base and then next building...











No comments:

Post a Comment