Tuesday 29 December 2020

2020 Painting Challenge

At the start of 2020 a fellow war gamer Jamie Loft set up a painting challenge group on Facebook. An excuse to show off our painted toy soldiers but also to encourage more paint and less lead mountain!

One figure (or set) a week for 52 weeks.

In a surprise to myself, I have been able to keep to this, give or take a week for timing, and have been able to post my 52nd figure and also jump onto Jamies last minute 'Paint a Dragon before the 1st of January!'

This has been a great boost to my hobby and I have certainly painted more as a result. Roll on 2021!


The last post is a converted old citadel Minotaur. I added hair, new horns, skulls and a new weapon. The figure was made up as a Dungeon boss, the Axe is the key out!




The Dragon is a Rock Dragon that I had original bought with the intention of converting it for my Slann army. I had planned on using it without the legs and wings and adding some spare wings from a Greater Deamon of Tzeentch and turning it into a Feathered Serpent.  
The Dragon Challenge thankfully inspired me to keep it as is and add a big beastie to my collection


WIP on base. The original figure came with a dead knight as a focus for the dragon but instead I will have a burnt tree stump.








The Rock Dragon is one of the largest figures I own, next to a citadel villager 


2020 Painting Challenge Photo.
180 figures.


No comments:

Post a Comment