Saturday 4 January 2020

Bloodbath. The Dwarfs of Ashak Rise. P2

Looking back over the blog and it was Oct 2018 that I last posted on my Bloodbath at Orcs Drift Project and unfortunatly I had done little else since then. 
Distracted by numerous other projects, the figures did little more than move around my painting list and sit accusingly on the back of my desk. But as the end of this year approached I had a burst of guilt fuelled inspiration to try and get at least these finished and complete my second Command Sheet

This was the state of play late December, with ten still to paint and six done, although I was no longer happy with them which I think contributed to my avoidance. 



I started reworking the initial six and gave them a new livery which I was much happier with and inspired me to work on the rest.


The crossbow dwarves were painted up in the new livery. The crossbows were modified Empire crossbows



The first of my Bloodbath character figures. Borinn Fimbul and his son Snorinn Fimbul.
Both figures are packed with extra details and a joy to paint


This took me up to the end of the year and only the pack mules left to do frustratingly!








All painted and my second Command Sheet completed!


Still on a dwarf high, I have started the next Command Sheet which will be The Engineers of Osrim Chardz. This is also small unit and will be another repaint and paint. It also contains Osrim Chardz himself which was a limited Scenario release and is quite a rare/expensive figure.









No comments:

Post a Comment