Sunday 12 August 2018

Epic. Ork Stompa

With the Imminent release (re-release?) of Adeptus Titanicus (of which I will save for another post) I have been reviewing my old collection and in particular my Orks, it would also contribute to my Summer aim of clearing old projects!

I had previously started on the battlewagons, a small outpost/ captured Imperial vent and a Mega Gargant

Initially based on coins, I have decided to make my vehicles base free


Built on a CD


Bits taken from 2 Mega Gargants with inspiration from Philip Reeve Hungry City Chronicles. Lower claws would pull in prey to the lower maw for destruction!


With the new sizing in Adeptus Titanicus I have decide to abandon the Mega Gargant and use the parts on a new one with the same theme but based of a 40k Stompa. 


With the new Knights standing on 40mm bases the old Stompa's should work well with a bit  of a boost.





Converted Stompa. The feet have been raised by 4mm and the claw arm and head have been added to add extra bulk. The parts are from Kromlech


Completed Stompa on 40mm base. painted in Bad Moon colours





Comparison with base Stompa 


Completed Bad Moon forces so far!



  

3 comments:

  1. Really well done Ben! I've never played epic or AT before, but there seems to be a bit of a ground swell of interest for it again. I love your scratch building mate, really unique and cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to Play Epic when it was first out and the release of AT has has jogged my memory. I don't have the time to complete more than skirmish size forces at the moment so this ticks the Big Battle itch quite well! Scratch building for Orks is always fun but on Epic scale you can 'think big', though tweezers and an Optivisor really help!

      Delete
  2. Good stuff, love individual builds.
    Check me out-
    https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22120

    ReplyDelete