Tuesday 30 January 2018

Bloodbath. Silas Meel

As January draws to a close I need to catch up on my blog as i have been busy painting and building, certainly a good start to the year. After so many years building up the collection i want to use this year to try and put dent in the pile and get as much as I can painted so have set myself the challenge of a Command sheet a month. For the human, elf or dwarf forces this should be fairly achievable but it is the large Orc units that twill be the big humps so for them I have allowed them to overrun into the following month if needed, which will defiantly be for this month!
With all the planned terrain i will also try and complete one piece at least a month, whether that be a set of roads or a building etc.



Continuing the Kachas Pass Orc Command sheet the last character is Silas Meel the half-orc spy.
There was no specific figure assigned to the spy so I managed to pick up one on eBay as a bargin, with et majority of the figures in the rage part of the pre-slotta era and being one of the races left by the wayside they can be a costly force to collect.



I don't really remember the Half-Orcs when I started collecting but they have an interesting backstory, shunned by both humans and Orcs and used as spies and underhand mercenaries. The figure was interesting to paint with lots of detail and character and reminded me of the depiction of Orcs from Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings



The skin tone is based on the Orcs but with lighter highlights


When I got the figure I had planned on removing the shield and adding a cloak but ended up feeling like sacrilege and liked the classic look of the shield, especially as the majority of the Half-Orc range have the same design.


Despite having more than enough to paint (and making a commitment to actually see them painted!) just having one half-Orc didn't seem enough and was able to pick up some more. Rebased Silas as well from 25mm to 20mm!
The plan will be to build a small allied contingent that could be used as part of the elf ambush before Kachas Pass.





No comments:

Post a Comment