Thursday 24 August 2017

Tzeentch. Brother Saul of the Outer Church

Saul was the second son of a Stone Mason who had always struggled to control his temper. Rejected in love, Saul killed the man whom she had chosen instead. Fleeing the town, Saul stumbled across the Church and sought sanctuary. The dead mans parents were paid off and the Town Wardens pacified, Saul would be spared if he took Orders and remained in the Church.
indebted, Saul has embraced his new life, and the Church has found a better channel for his rage


Building the backstory for my Tzeentch war band I wanted too a add subversive cult element. The Church of Transmogrification is the public face of the group, operating an Abbey at the edge of town and taking in the unwanted and lost. for the figures of the Outer church, those who have yet to receive the full blessings of Tzeentch I am using the figures from the Regiments of Renown, Disciples of the Red Redemption.


I have restyled the shields to fit in with a wider theme







4 comments:

  1. That's rockin Ben! Great backstories can make a big difference to how cool a warband "feels" to you. Your doing a great job, much better than I...I'm terrible at world building :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! BOYL is a great incentive! The back story is always an important part for me, I have written a couple of books connected to my other hobby, Photography http://www.benamontame.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Nice backstory and good job at painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, each of the war band will have their own tale and part in the Church. Taking my time with these!

      Delete