Friday 25 November 2022

Old World Army Challenge VI - Bloodbath at Orc's Drift

 As the year draws to a close the call went out again for the next Old World Army Challenge and one I have eagerly signed up for again!

The Challenge won't start properly until January next year but beyond adding my name to the starting line there is still a lot to get ready from actually deciding what to build and Introductory blog post to the all important prep. Last Year was my first year and the best bit of advice I received was to Prep and plan! Figures cannot be painted but they can be build and based and undercoated. When you are going through a whole army, this has saved a huge amount of time and pressure on each month, being able to have it all laid out and see each month as well as progress really helped me survive the time.

When I looked at last year my Slann and Bloodbath at Orc's Drifts projects were in my final list but were pipped by my Marines. This year I have decided to take up my Bloodbath Project and use the Challenge to get more of it done, and make up for the lack of progress on it this year!







Excluding the building which are an ongoing part of the project and some additional Orc warmachines at the bottom, three bolt throwers and two Snotling Pump Wagons which will make some nice bonus builds. The layout shows all the figures (bar three Orc archers which seem to have wandered off!) for the Scenario.

So far I have completed three of the Command Cards:


The Vile Rune Orcs with Fangor Gripe, Guthrum Mane and Silas Meel



The Dwarfs of Ashak Rise with Borinn and Snorinn Fimbul


The Engineers of Ozrim Chardz and Osrim Chardz


I have also made a start on the Linden Way Militia Card, completing most of the Villages and Mayor Leofwine 



But the bulk of the cards remain, with the two elf unit cards and one human character card to complete 


Ferndale Snart and his Patients. Still needs three more injured/casualty figures as the dwarf in a sling is a stand in


Brommidir and his wood elves ( I might try and replace these with more metal Wood elves)


The Wood Elves of Kachas Pass with Erdolas Thringal

On the Orc side, cards outstanding are:


King F'yar and his F'yar guard which are figures from Rugluds Armoured Orcs




The Kwae Karr orcs with Magyar Ironfist and Bagrash (to find/ buy three more archers)




The Severed Hand Orcs with Hagar Sheol, Grashak Kra and his Hobhounds


Next will be deciding on the force to assemble for the Challenge. 
Orcs, Human/Elf or a blend of the two?











 








No comments:

Post a Comment