Saturday 2 April 2022

Doctor Who. The Krotons 1

 



Another Doctor Who story and another planned set with another questionable monster I have developed  a soft spot for!

The Krotons were also revived and featured in a Sixth Doctor story with Big Finish




With the Doctor and companions the same as for the Dominators set, the character list will be a little shorter, just the Krotons and some humans for the Gonds.

The Krotons are meant to be a crystal based life form that encountered a human servo robot and mimicked its shape


Servo Robot


Kroton


As with the Quarks, there is a miniature available from Black Tree but I have found one I can 3D print. Designed for 5" scale, they shrink down well

Krotons

Four Krotons, a full Dynatrope Ship crew. 



Kroton next to Second Doctor (WIP still!)

Really happy how these have come out, A sight build tweak in that I have attached the weapons to the body rather than at the end of a claw to maximise durability as these will be playing pieces. 

Assembling the Gonds, the settlement will be a relatively easy build, some interesting angled buildings I can put together from Card and PVA+paper to get the texture.



Gond Settlement




The Gonds themselves have quite generic 1960's future style and I have looked at online character designs to see if that is a possibility as I haven't found any miniatures that would match up enough. I am leaning toward the Eldritch Foundry


Designed using Heroforge


Designed using Eldritch Foundry





 



No comments:

Post a Comment