Sunday 25 July 2021

Dark Age. Terrain 1

Clearing some space on my WIP shelf I have managed to complete the Dark Age Village I started in 2015,

I say 'finished' but what I mean is i have completed the first set of buildings. The buildings will also work well with Erin, Warhammer Fantasy and other medieval settings and 

My original inspiration was a set put together by Battle brush Studios 

battlebrushstudios.com

I ended up contacting Warbases who made the MDF buildings and sending them the link and asking if they could make me up  the same set, right down to the bases!

 warbases.co.uk

Warbases were extremely helpful and were able to make up the order and would recommend them for both quality of products and good value range  




MDF building with Coffee stirrers. The wood has been scored to add texture and take the paint better


Pigsty WIP


Bark Chippings wil form the basis of the small hill for the watch tower


Wattle fencing made for woven wire




The Competed set of buildings with flannel roofing for Thatching


First test building. I went with quite weathered and desaturated look to match up with the troops and also the green boards I have already made up




Small well I made a long time ago but will probably make a larger one to act as the village centre piece


Figures and terrain on green board


Pigsty



House



House with covered area with wattle fence




Watchtower on low hill





Between coats of paint I also made up three crop areas, sections of door mat cut and mounted on foamcard. Mud added to the edges and then grassed. 




Test set up with my green boards and trees. Using the lake I also made up a small dock out of coffee stirrers 



Small raiding party attack the settlement who can only muster a few defenders








Next on the build list for terrain will be a Barn, raised grain store, a stone bridge and a blacksmiths as well as some more green boards




No comments:

Post a Comment