Saturday 18 May 2019

Man O'War. Begining



I recently managed to acquire a copy of Man O'War and tick off another game of my Oldhammer
 list!

The box needs a bit of TLC but otherwise is complete and has all the ships to give me my first two fleets. The pirate fleet will be based on the Iron Fleet of House Greyjoy from The Game of Thrones series. The fleet style will work perfectly and the Iron Islands will provide some great terrain inspiration.



For the Imperial forces I want to move away from the classic red and striped sails and make it a bit more realistic. The fleet will be part of the Order of the Blazing Sun which is one of the Empires Chivalric Orders. Though mainly a Knightly order, several real Knight orders maintained their own navies such as the Knight of Malta.


Banner of the Order of the Blazing Sun



First ship minus the mast.





Stern detail with the Order Blazing Sun


Sail still to be added which will be black with the Order blazing Sun on it.






2 comments:

  1. Great start! This is giving me the old Manowar-itch again. I will resist, I will resist, I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manowar is definitely one of the games I hope to get on once I've cleared the desk a bit, great inspiration for your fleet, I'm eager to see it develpp (maybe at BOYL ?)

    ReplyDelete