Friday 26 October 2018

Bloodbath. The Vile Rune Orcs



Orctober is upon us and it is enough of an excuse to open up my Bloodbath at Orcs Drift project box and try and get a little further along.

I have previously posted the start of the Vile Rune Orcs and the other characters completed for my  first command sheet. The remaining 30 Orcs have finally been completed and I was down to the banner. Numerous failed attempts later , I settled on a scaled down version that the unit will carry and plan on printing a copy of the originals and mount them on their own bases.


Going for old school Tomato puree, the last best attempt before I gave up in disgust!



Settled on a simpler version with each of the Vile Runes

The full forty...









The unit is made up of metal miniatures from several Citadel eras and also a unit of spears I picked up from Black Tree Designs. 
Bloodbath features three Orc tribes and although i could reuse the one unit for all of them i want to be  able to give each tribe its own character and colour scheme.

I also need to pick up some regiment bases and will probably run them as two 20 boy units rather than as one big mob!


One big Mob


Vile Rune standard and Sticka guards




The Vile Rune Tribe led by their Chieftain Fangor Gripe and supported by the Rock giant Guthrum Mane and the Half-Orc spy Silas Meel


One down...









No comments:

Post a Comment